Monday, September 19, 2011

The OniOn nOOdle


I was using my mobile torch…searching…. searching…. until I saw a feeble light, which was my own reflection in dark pupils. There was a sense of gratitude and wrath flaunts in its eyes. I can never escape as it was a perfect stalemate. I am done!!!...,


This blog is about my hungry friend (name not to be mentioned) who was trying it really hard to pamper his arduous appetite in the middle of night. For obvious reasons let you read this through his eyes.

My friend is referred as ‘I’ and his friend is referred as ‘him’ (definitely not me)

I: Dai machi I feel really hungry da.

Him: let’s try with bachelor’s recipe. Noodles!

I: It won’t taste nice da. Some kinda ingredient should be added to make it taste better. We need onion.

Him: but we don have it. Where can we get onion in this time??

I: Maybe we should search for it.

We were travelling in the middle of night with no idea!!!

I: Perseverance and confidence is still am nourished with.

Him: Poda vengayam

I: exactly

Him: WT... (in a state of bewilderment)

Fortunately the bread omlet valaas near IITM helped me at that juncture. Those bread omlet valaas had their under cover operations with shutter's closed to avoid unnecessary highway patrol bribing. I parked my bike nearby considering it safe and went under the shutter.

I and ‘him’ in cloud nine went through a short calculation with limited money we had and ordered few bread omlets.

After 15 minutes of waylay and 10 minutes of melee with bread...,

I: But still I have a ravenous tummy...

Him: COFFEE? I think a coffee can suffice our mental and gluttonous appetite.

We started riding in search of a coffee shop.

I: gotcha!!!

Next 10 minutes flashed with 2 rounds of coffee with few rounds of burping.

I: Machi still am not satiated.

Him: WAT??

I: I think we need some onion...

Him: (baffled with a big) WT..???

I didn’t listen to the rest rather I had my tires screeching...

.. Until we crossed a grocery shop.

Him: now WT... (this time with steep acclivity), it is closed. U expect them to wait with onions and confetti’s???

I: its time for adventure

Him: WT…



Before he gave a hoot I was half way through the compound walls. I was not trying to open its lock, but I was looking for some onion sack left unused. I was using my mobile torch…searching,,…. searching….until I saw a feeble light, which was my own reflection in dark pupils. There was a sense of gratitude and wrath flaunts in its eyes. I can never escape as it was a perfect stalemate. I am done!!!...,

The owner had his dogs left to guard the place. I was totally stupefied without a slightest idea of how to escape. Perfectly helpless I decided to call ‘him’, but I don wanna hear another WT... Running won’t be a better option though being a cross country gold medallist as the compound walls were so high that it can give the dogs ample time to taste my back. I don’t wanna let that happen.

I had to get the dogs distracted. HOW?

I started to flicker my light in a direction away from me.

Yes,

The dogs got distracted and it ran away lest the dogs were not genius. Back to life I decided to leave the place immediately. When I was about to run I hit myself with an old sack. It’s the onion. I got onion alas!!, like Siva had his last peg in VA quarter cutting.

I took onions enough  to cook a family pack noodles climbed over the wall, started the engine and in another half and hour I got my noodles ready to eat.

PS: the secret ingredient of my secret ingredient noodle is ........ONION. This time I heard him claiming WaTe noodles.










No comments:

Post a Comment